NEW ORLEANS (WGNO/WFLA) — One person died and 18 were hospitalized after a massive collapse at a Hard Rock Hotel construction site in New Orleans Saturday.
The collapse dumped debris across the road and prompted evacuations at nearby buildings.
The collapse occurred around 9:30 a.m. on the corner of Iberville and North Rampart Street.
Buildings surrounding the collapse were evacuated, and shocked people spilled onto the road as NOPD officers worked to secure the scene.
This is a developing story.
- 1 dead, 18 injured after Hard Rock Hotel construction site collapses in New Orleans
- Tampa Theater claims to be most haunted place in Tampa Bay area
- Winds dying as crews fight flames in Southern California
- 4 killed at illegal gambling site in Brooklyn
- 6 additional fishing days for red snapper begin