• 30th Street and Colorado Avenue underpass project: Left turns will be restricted westbound, eastbound and southbound for underpass construction. Sidewalk detours where noted (southeast quadrant sidewalks closed); use temporary crossings at 30th/Euclid Avenue and Colorado west of the intersection. Cyclists merge with traffic. Northbound bus stop on 30th (BOUND) is closed; board at next stop. Anticipated to end Jan. 31.
• Hill Hotel: Westbound Pleasant is open for local traffic from Broadway to the alley. The eastbound lane is closed. This is for demolition of old buildings and waterline and new sewer work. Activity time is 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Anticipated to end Jan. 31, 2024.
• 19th Street: Utility lines on 19th will be placed underground from Poplar to Riverside avenues. Expect bike and vehicle detours with flaggers during working hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Work is expected to last through Feb. 1.
• Longs Peak Avenue: Work on the Price Park Tank Replacement Project is underway. This 18-month-long project is intended to improve water quality and service within the city. Eastbound and westbound lanes on Longs Peak Avenue now run next to each other along the south side of the road between Sunset Street and the entrance to the Sunset Golf Course. Access to Price Park is currently closed and parking in the Sunset Golf Course and Pool parking lot will be limited until next spring. Recreational facilities — including Sunset Park, Sunset Pool and Sunset Golf Course — are expected to remain open during construction. There is still two-way traffic, but the existing westbound lane is expected to remain closed and the new traffic pattern to remain in place until the project is completed in spring 2024.
• U.S. 287 and Colo. 52: The Colorado Department of Transportation will begin safety and traffic flow improvements at the intersection of U.S. 287 and Colo. 52 in Boulder County. Motorists can expect single left-lane closures during the day on both U.S. 287 and Colo. 52 at the intersection. Right-turn lanes in all directions will be fully closed until further notice. Full access to roadways, area businesses and driveways will be maintained. The project is expected to be completed in October.
• Weld County Road 7 and Colo. 66: Starting Tuesday, excavation work related to the box culvert extension will begin on the northeast corner of WCR 7 and Colo. 66. The majority of work is expected to occur off the road, but minimal traffic impacts may occur. The culvert extension should be completed by the end of April.
• Colo. 52 and Weld County Road 19: Construction on culvert improvements has begun at the intersection of Colo. 52 and WCR 19. The end of a concrete box culvert is being extended for enhanced road safety. The intersection will remain open, but right turns will be temporarily prohibited for trucks going northbound on WCR 19 and westbound on Colo. 52. The work is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays with occasional extended hours and weekend work through Feb. 1.
Boulder Daily Camera
www.dailycamera.com , https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailycamera.com%2F2023%2F01%2F20%2Fboulder-county-area-cone-zones-for-jan-22-28-2023%2F , Crime and Public Safety,Latest Headlines,Local News,News,Carbon Valley,East County,Roadwork,Traffic, #Boulder #Countyarea #cone #zones #Jan