ETOWAH COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Gadsden/Etowah County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) has announced three positive cases for the coronavirus in Etowah County.
“We are thinking of and praying for these patients, their families and friends also, as they work to recover from the virus,” the EMA said in a press release.
The Alabama Department of Public Health has now confirmed these cases as of 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. These are the first cases in Etowah County.
The EMA is asking citizens to continue to social distance themselves from others and practice doing other tasks to keep themselves from contracting the virus.
- Congress poised to pass coronavirus relief bill
- EMA: 3 COVID-19 cases in Etowah County; ADPH confirms
- Coronavirus response: GOP senators want last-minute fix on $2T relief package
- Senate expected to sign off on $2T coronavirus relief bill
- ‘Help is on the way’: Senate leaders reach agreement on $2 trillion stimulus bill