BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man caught with a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag at Boston’s Logan International Airport told Transportation Security Administration officers he didn’t know he had a weapon in his luggage and said a co-worker may have put it there.
The TSA said in a statement Wednesday the 9mm gun loaded with five bullets was spotted by a TSA X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Tuesday. The TSA contacted state police, who confiscated the gun and cited the man on a state weapons charge.
The TSA did not release his name.
- Local church builds ‘drive-thru prayer vigil’
- Tuscaloosa’s Rama Jama’s facing struggles during COVID-19 outbreak
- Police: Man attempted to burn mom’s house down to scare her
- Coronavirus patients exhibiting new symptoms, Ohio health director says
- Gun found in passenger’s carry-on bag at Boston airport