I’m gonna preface this by saying sorry I have no picture.

One of the rooms in my house has a pie pass (best way I can describe it) between the bedroom and the sitting room. It’s a roughly 4’ square and is boxed in to the drywall.

We don’t want a giant gap in the wall between these rooms so I was looking to fill it in.

Now I’ve built stuff up before but never really had to demo.

In my mind it should be as simple as framing the inside of the square and just adding some new studs. Then adding some drywall squares to both sides.

Has anyone done a project like this? Is it that simple or am I over looking something?

View Reddit by Weaponxclaws6View Source