Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Lift Dispatcher is responsible for answering phone and radio calls that come into the lift dispatch office, determining a course of action, and then dispatching information to appropriate parties via 2-way radio, phone, or internet. The work schedule is four 10 hour shifts per week. The dispatcher also records and maintains a log of daily mountain operations activities, creating reports as requested.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain essential lift records that are required by the Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board. These include the By-Pass Log, the Jump/Fall Log, and lift stoppages of 10 minutes or more.
- Answering phone and radio calls regarding lift related issues and dispatching appropriate personnel.
- Entry of 10-86 and 10-99 calls, to include all pertinent information regarding those calls, i.e., stop/restart times, fault type, etc.
- Entry and maintenance of dispatch logs including but not limited to: operator calls, lift open/close times, last chair numbers and the individual who called, snowmobile route deviations, tower climbing log, weather closures.
- Maintaining the MS Excel log sheets that contain the aforementioned data.
- Reporting and tracking of lift downtime.
- Has comprehension of mountain operations and players involved in order to dispense appropriate information in an articulate and concise manner via radio, phone or electronically.
- Able to multi-task and cope with stressful situations, i.e., multiple calls or emergencies.
Previous Lift Ops or Lift Maintenence experience is Required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176221