BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — CBS 42 is heading to the scene on reports that an officer has been shot. This has been confirmed. The shooting is reported to have happened on the 1000 block Tuscaloosa Avenue S.W.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue states that a person, not a police officer, has been taken to a local hospital.
We are working to gather more information at this time. Check back for updates.
- Officer injured after shooting on Tuscaloosa Avenue, heavy police presence at scene
- WATCH LIVE: UAB to provide update on the current state of Coronavirus
- Newsfeed Now for March 11: Coronavirus Concerns; Arkansas officer shot & killed
- Floyd Co. Georgia school employee confirmed to have coronavirus, district investigating impact
- Bernie Sanders says he’s moving ahead with his Dem campaign