PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 29-year-old woman was arrested Thursday in Pinellas County after leaving four children at home for an extended period of time while she left to buy cigarettes, an arrest report states.
Police say Kashawna Bing was arrested around 8:15 p.m. and charged with child neglect with great bodily harm.
When Bing left the home Wednesday, the arrest report states a 5-year-old girl under her care was accidentally burned with a lighter. She suffered extensive burns to the right side of her chest and right arm, resulting in bad wounds and blisters.
The arrest report doesn’t mention injuries to any other child in the home.
- Police: Pinellas woman leaves 4 children home alone to buy cigs, 5-year-old suffers extensive burns
- Jane Castor mini-me visits mayor’s office for Halloween parade
- New Florida bills would require water safety education in schools
- Teen breaks into prison to try to win back ex-girlfriend
- Tampa Bay has seen thousands of hit-and-run crashes so far in 2019