MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Two crew members are missing after a shrimp boat overturned.
The U.S. Coast Guard Sector Mobile says the vessel overturned Friday morning. The accident happened about five miles (8 kilometers) from the entrance of Mobile Bay.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said that the accident involved a 50-foot (15-meter) shrimp boat named “The Chief.” The boats captain, Woody Jones of Bon Secour, was rescued by the crew of another shrimp boat.
The Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for two other people who were on board.
- Rescuers searching for 2 after shrimp boat capsizes
- South Dakota governor surprised by jokes surrounding ‘Meth. We’re on it.’ campaign
- Flu season takes off quickly in Deep South states
- Huntsville officer shot at during welfare check on vehicle, man charged with attempted murder
- More than 1,000 patients sue Indiana hospital over possible exposure to Hepatitis C, B and HIV