TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A sanitary sewer has overflowed in Tuscaloosa in the 4000 block of Kauloosa Ave.
The city of Tuscaloosa says the overflow has the potential to reach a tributary that leads to Cribbs Mill Creek.
“Those in affected areas should exercise caution. In the affected areas, there could be health risks associated with the water and contaminated areas that adjoin the water so the city of Tuscaloosa advises people to avoid the water and contaminated areas. Signage is in place at all affected locations and public should follow instructions if in an affected area,” a press release read.
This overflow does not affect tap water as the water systems are different, according to the city of Tuscaloosa.
- Online petition attempts to create 24/7 surveillance of communities in honor of Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney
- We join the Southern Ghost Girls for a paranormal investigation
- Safer crosswalks coming to Helena
- WATCH: Little girl uses Nerf gun to pull out loose tooth
- New government website helps Americans find drug treatment