Having friends, family and workplace support is a key part to an under-fire teenage apprentice dealing with enormity of having likely caused the devastating SkyCity blaze.

A teenager – possibly an apprentice – is believed to have accidentally left a blowtorch unattended after going on a smoko break on Tuesday afternoon, igniting a blaze that took Fire and Emergency NZ nearly a week to extinguish and causing gridlock in the city for days.

A source told the Herald the teenager, believed 18, was working for a sub-contractor and after realising his mistake went back to his work spot only to



Source link