Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Senior Manager of Communications will lead all communications efforts for Vail Mountain and will oversee Communications efforts at Beaver Creek Resort as well. The Senior Manager will develop compelling communications strategies across multiple brands, provide strong leadership to a dispersed team, and build strong internal and external relationships including in the resorts, in the corporate office, and with media. The Senior Manager should be driven, agile, and emotionally intelligent, with strong critical thinking and decision-making skills and the ability to drive results in a fast-paced work environment.
The Senior Manager will:
- Lead Communications Strategy
- Together with the Director of Communications, develop and lead the communications strategy for Vail and Beaver Creek, with particular focus on (1) driving business to the resorts and their ancillary lines of business, and (2) promoting Company-wide priorities and multi-resort communications efforts.
- Drive Communications
- Execute day-to-day communications efforts for Vail Mountain, including proactive pitching, fulfillment of media requests, media list maintenance, budget management, coverage tracking, media hosting, internal and external resort and COO communications, crisis communications and local issues management.
- Manage and guide the Communications Manager for Beaver Creek Resort on the same tasks
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with media
- Serve as key communications’ representative for Vail and Beaver Creek; when necessary, act as resort spokesperson for interviews in print publications, television and radio
- Develop media tools such as press releases, fact sheets, talking points and media kits
- Be a Critical Business Partner
- Serve as a key advisor to the resorts’ Chief Operating Officers and the resort leadership teams on all communications matters, including public and media relations, crisis communications, local community relations, and employee communications.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to build cohesive, long-term vision and strategy for the Vail and Beaver Creek brands.
- Build strong relationships with team members in Community Relations, Operations, Marketing and other functions in order to align people, strategies and resources.
- Lead a High-Performing Team
- Lead a strong Communications team in Colorado by connecting with, and developing, the Beaver Creek Communications Manager and Sr. Communications Specialist, while collaborating with the Summit County Communications team
- Be a leader across the Colorado Communications team and the larger Vail Resorts Communications team by leading by example, working effectively across locations, and developing strong relationships within the team
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a communications role, preferably in the outdoor or recreation industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with teams remotely
- Ability to work autonomously and follow-through on expected duties without heavy managerial support
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Firm understanding and knowledge of all social media outlets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, WordPress, and DropBox or similar programs
- Experience with basic video/photo editing programs desired
- Intermediate to advanced skiing or snowboarding ability
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172384