(WIAT) — According to court documents, Jeremy Owens, a suspect charged in murdering Birmingham Police Officer Sgt. Wytasha Carter, appeared in court Monday for an arraignment.
Owens is expected to appear in court again for a motion hearing on November 14. Owens has been assigned two attorneys for his trial.
Owens was charged with one count of capital murder of a law officer which is considered a felony. He is held on no bond.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Bowden, Kentucky have no trouble in rain, beat Missouri 29-7
- California wildfires erupt in LA, burn in wine country
- Tennessee beats South Carolina 41-21 without Maurer
- Burrow’s 321 yards helps LSU down Auburn, 23-20
- Mond accounts for 5 TDs as Aggies beat Mississippi St. 49-30