(as of Mar 24,2022 19:49:07 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Secrets to a longer, better life
If you want to live to a healthy 100, eat like healthy people who’ve lived to 100. Working with renowned doctors and experts Gianni Pes and Michel Poulain, we identified the places around the world where people live the longest, drawing a line around each area in blue ink. Together, we created the concept of Blues Zones: the set of characteristics that have produced the world’s longest lived people. Their secrets can help you live a longer, better life.
Blue Zones Kitchen
100 Recipes to Live to 100
Building on decades of research, longevity expert Dan Buettner has gathered 100 recipes inspired by the Blue Zones, home to the healthiest and happiest communities in the world. Each dish uses ingredients and cooking methods proven to increase longevity, wellness, and mental health.These healthy living recipes make the Blue Zones lifestyle even more attainable, thereby improving your health, extending your life, and filling your kitchen with happiness.
Chapter One: Sardinia Chapter Two: Okinawa Chapter Three: Nicoya Chapter Four: Ikaria Chapter Five: Loma Linda
Sweet Potato Bites
TOTAL COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES | MAKES 3 SERVINGS
1. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender, then mash potatoes with sugar.
2. Once cool enough to handle, roll potatoes into walnut-size balls.
3. On a clean surface, spread a layer of ground nuts of your choice or sesame seeds. Gently roll the potato balls in the nuts to coat.
4. Powder with cinnamon to serve.
Ingredients: 1 pound (about 3) white, orange, or purple sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1⁄3 cup ground peanuts, macadamia nuts, or sesame seeds Dash of cinnamon
Cream of Pumpkin Soup
TOTAL COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES | MAKES 2 SERVINGS
1. Place a steamer tray into a pot with about 2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and steam squash until soft, about 15 minutes.
2. In a soup pot, stir-fry leeks in vegetable oil until soft but not browned, about 3-4 minutes
3. Add soy milk, steamed squash, and spices and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Blend all together with an immersion blender or in a food processor (in batches, if necessary) until smooth. Add salt to taste.
Ingredients: ½ pound acorn or butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks ¼ cup chopped leeks (or onion) 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1¾ cups unsweetened soy milk 1 teaspoon cumin seed 1 teaspoon dried turmeric 1 teaspoon salt, plus more if needed
Publisher : National Geographic; 1st edition (December 3, 2019)
Language : English
Hardcover : 304 pages
ISBN-10 : 1426220138
ISBN-13 : 978-1426220135
Item Weight : 2.7 pounds
Dimensions : 8.25 x 1.13 x 10.25 inches