Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Vail Area Assistant Controller is responsible for a wide range of accounting support and financial reporting activities and reports to the Vail Area Director of Finance.
- Assist with month end close duties including managing journal entries, accruals, vendor reconciliations and review of department P&L’s
- Assist with facilitation of budget process, accurate forecasting, and timely financial reporting
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Effectively Interact with a wide-range of internal and external associates as needed
- Assist hotel management with expense management through the use of budget check books
- Assist with third party owner’s financial package
- Supervise and develop the staff accountants as well as financially developing hotel managers and staff
- Approve purchase order requisitions
- Continually evaluate accounting & financial reporting procedures and offer suggestions for process improvements
- Perform other accounting duties and assist with projects as directed
- Assist in preparation for the audits
- Review company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances, develop/update operational procedures
- Assisting Director of Finance in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial information
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information.
- Juggle multiple priorities, be comfortable with change, take initiative, work within tight deadlines
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience. -required
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize -required
- Attention to detail and problem solving -required
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -required
- Must be able to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and fellow employees. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays. –required
- Experience with Peoplesoft, LMS and Delphi. -preferred
- Accounting experience in a luxury hotel or mixed-use property. –preferred
- Prior supervisory experience. –preferred
- Managed property experience – preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 173847