The Human Relations Commission and the Boulder Arts Commission are soliciting proposals from local organizations that would like to organize an event for the City of Boulder Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration on Jan. 18, 19, or 20, 2020.
Community groups and organizations are eligible to apply for grants of up to $1,000 for each event. In addition, groups may apply for the Boulder Arts Commission enhancement grant for additional funds for projects with an arts component. Groups are eligible for enhancement grants of up to $3,000. The maximum award for each event is $4,000. Funds must be used for events that honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and inform the Boulder community about his work.
Factors to be considered in funding decisions include:
- Potential to attract and engage an audience; and
- Potential to extend insight into the life and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Funding eligibility criteria:
- Any community group of three or more unrelated Boulder residents may apply;
- Event must be held on Jan. 18, 19, or 20, 2020;
- Event must take place within Boulder city limits;
- Event must be free and open to the public;
- Event must include a goal of inclusivity and respect for diversity; and
- Grantee must participate on a planning committee with other MLK Fund grantees to coordinate location and times of activities.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11, 2018.
Published: September 16, 2019
Clay Fong, Community Relations Manager, 303-441-3141
Zach McGee, Media Relations, 303-868-6810