TAMPA (WFLA) — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a man they said threatened a 7-Eleven clerk for money inside the cash register.
The sheriff’s office said a man entered the convenience store on Dale Mabry Highway around 2:40 a.m. Sunday and took a bag of M&M’s to the counter. When the female clerk opened the cash register to take the man’s cash, detectives said the man took out a white object resembling a handgun.
The woman immediately shut the drawer and backed away, and detectives said the man fled the scene on foot without any money.
Police describe the man as 40-45 years old, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, 160-170 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue gym shorts and a lime green hat.
If you have any information that could help deputies find this man, you’re urged to call 813-247-8200.
- Detectives attempt to identify man they say robbed Tampa 7-Eleven
- Houston hosts Donald Trump ‘Howdy Modi!’ rally
- Border Report Live Blog: Newly renovated wall opens in San Diego
- ‘Friends’ turns 25 years old Sunday
- Maple Street’s ‘Biscuits for the Bahamas’ sends profits to Dorian victims