VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – Authorities in Volusia County are searching for a man who reportedly fled a courthouse before a jury rendered a guilty verdict against him in a robbery case.
Antonio Gearing, 29, was convicted Wednesday of robbing a grocery store in Daytona Beach, but when the jury returned their verdict after 90 minutes of deliberations, he was gone.
A warrant for his arrest has been issued and he could face up to life in prison if convicted.
- Florida convict flees courthouse during jury deliberations
- Motorcyclist killed in Avon Park crash
- Suspect screaming ‘You die!’ kills up to 23 at anime studio
- Judge sets tentative trial date for Nikolas Cruz
- Driver in critical condition after crash with tractor-trailer