As of Monday, that’s not enough for the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The group of regulators filed a complaint against Wynn for those allegations and want to strip him of his gaming license, which would effectively ban him from working in the gambling world ever again.
The complaint states that Wynn “is not a person of good character, honesty, and/or integrity” and that he is “unsuitable to be associated with a gaming enterprise or the gaming industry as a whole.”
The NGCB filed the complaint before the Nevada Gaming Commission. The Silver State has a two-tiered approach to casino regulation and according to the Nevada Independent, the Commission has “full and absolute power” to revoke a gaming license.
The complaint cites multiple counts of harassment by Wynn and is lobbying to fine Wynn himself, once for each count laid out. The NGCB also pointed out that Wynn refused to appear at an in-person investigatory hearing last month, which it felt strengthened its case against the former CEO.
Wynn’s legal team said that he would not show up to the hearing because he hired attorneys to proceed with defamation lawsuits regarding the sexual misconduct allegations. They said that he “cannot be reasonably expected to waive any of his privileges except at the appropriate time and in the appropriate judicial forum.”
This would be the first time that Wynn shouldered any financial burden from the allegations. His former company was fined $20 million by the NGCB and another $35 million by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission because of Wynn’s alleged actions.
The complaint was filed just a few weeks after nine female employees filed a lawsuit against Wynn Resorts over their workplace environment.