Nine female employees of Wynn Resorts filed a lawsuit earlier this week that claims former CEO Steve Wynn joked about the sexual harassment allegations he is facing. It’s the second lawsuit filed over the January 2018 allegations in less than a week.

The lawsuit states that “Wynn Resorts was not interested or serious about protecting its employees, and certainly not from Steve Wynn or his remaining allies in the executive ranks.”

All nine women are current employees of either the Wynn or Encore Salon. According to the suit, there was a mandatory meeting for salon staff at the Wynn Country Club immediately after the initial misconduct allegations were launched.

At the meeting, all of the employees were asked to raise their hands if they felt they were sexually harassed by Wynn. Those employees said they felt pressured to come forward and feared retaliation if they did.

After the meeting concluded, Wynn himself came into the room with a camera crew to celebrate the birthday of an 80-year-old employee. During the celebration, Wynn allegedly initiated physical contact with several female employees, including group hugs and kisses on the lips.

The added heat comes in the wake of a class-action lawsuit filed at the end of last week that stated that the female employees that accused Wynn of harassment are still facing a hostile work environment. The latest suit also claims that Maurice Wooden and Troy Mitchum, the president of Wynn Resorts and former vice president of human resources, respectively, were ordered to help keep the story under wraps as soon as it broke.

In a January 2018 meeting, the two executives were told that “Wynn Resorts did not want them to tell the media the truth about Steve Wynn’s misconduct and the years of cover up.”

Wynn stepped down from his position as CEO of Wynn Resorts in February 2018. The company was fined a record-setting $20 million by the Nevada Gaming Control Board last February and the company’s gaming license for the recently-opened Encore Boston Harbor was even in jeopardy. The Massachusetts Gaming Commission ultimately allowed the company to keep its license, but fined it another $35 million last May.

The nine plaintiffs are each seeking damages of more than $50,000.




Source link