A little clip of my summer project. I have always had a love for historic weapons, including flintlock pistols. I just like their aesthetics, with their curvy handles and fine woodwork. So I decided to get my own woodworking game on and make a new stock for this old geezer. I used a nice walnut wood, finished with Tru Oil. In the process I also managed to make the mechanism completely functional again, so it should even fire! All the parts have been removed of rust, while respecting the old patina.
I actually bought these pistols as a pair. In the last two shots you can see both of them together (I left the other one in the original state). They apparently came from a small castle in Belgium called Guigoven, where they must have been rotting away for a long time.
Anyway, what a blast to make!