TEA FOR HEALTH
With people becoming more health conscious there has been an increase on the consumption of tea. This is understandable because tea has been linked to fighting aging, heart disease and even certain cancers. But with all the tea on the market one stands out because of its known health benefits. Green tea has been seen as the health elixir of all tea, but what form is best? Or did you know there are different types all together?
DIFFERENT TYPES OF GREEN TEA
Little do most people know that there are over 10 types of green tea. With so many types, how is someone suppose to know the difference. Let alone which type of green tea is the best for health benefits like weight loss, energy, and antioxidants. Well here are a few, just to give you a brief introduction.
1) Sencha- This is the most commonly used and widely consumed. Great for weight loss.
2) Fukamushi Sencha- Is steamed twice as long as regular sencha in the processing method. The steaming process makes the leaves a little powdery and gives the tea a stronger flavor and allows the tea to be absorbed faster by the body. This gives you a faster energy burst and allows you to digest more of the teas nutrition.
3) Kabusecha- Is covered with a cloth or reed screen one week prior to picking the green tea leaves. This allows for the leaves to get a darker shade and enhances the flavor.
4) Matcha- Is like none of the others. It only comes in a powdered form and is only made in Japan. It is grown like regular green tea then covered with a cloth for weeks to increase its chlorophyll content. When the leaves are picked they are then ground into a powder. The Matcha Powder is then prepared by mixing with water and drinking. With matcha the entire tea leaf is consumed, and because of this its one of the healthiest teas on earth. Just one cup is equivalent to 10 cups of Sencha.
THE HEALTHIEST GREEN TEA
After speaking with multiple tea merchants and health coaches many agree that matcha tea is the healthiest form of green tea. Matcha has 10 times more antioxidants than other natural teas, and helps the body block the absorption of fat cells. This is great especially for those new years resolutions. Not to mention the caffeine in matcha is alkaline based, so it doesn’t give off a jittery feeling and the effects can last 4-6 hours without a crash.
5 BENEFITS OF MATCHA TEA
1) 10 times more antioxidants than any other tea
2) Increased Energy Levels-Alkaline Based (1/3 caffeine of coffee)
3) Blocks Absorption of Fat Cells
4) Filled with Cancer Fighting Catechins
5) Helps Lower Cholesterol and Blood Sugar
With health benefits like the ones above you have to give matcha tea a try. If your drinking green tea for health benefits, you might as well drink the best type right?