The Rotary Club of Longmont is holding its 29th annual Winter Warmth Coat Drive. The event, which started Sunday, continues through Nov. 23. There are 28 total drop-off sites in the Longmont area where people can make donations.
Items being collected include coats, hats, scarfs, boots and blankets. Rotarians pick up donations from the drop-off sites throughout the city and deliver them to the OUR Center for distribution to those in need.
The Longmont Charity Fund also has donated $3,000 to purchase more children’s and adult size XX-large coats ,which the drive is always in need of, said Debbie Setlock, a spokeswoman for the Longmont Rotary. There also is a low supply of boots.
There also will be a distribution event at the OUR center on Dec. 7, during which those with vouchers will come and shop for coats. Setlock said there will be more room for that distribution event this year.
“I’ve seen people lined up out the door and I’ve seen that every year. The new OUR Center has much more space for more people,” Setlock said of the 30,000-square-foot facility the center moved into in 2016.
Lifebridge Church also provides assistance at the distribution event.
Among the 28 drop-off locations are:
- Bank of Colorado. 916 S. Main St., No. 10
- Bank of the West, 1610 Hover St.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 1000 W. 15th Ave.
- Central Elementary School, 1020 Fourth Ave.
- Compass Bank, 1849 N. Main St.
- FirstBank . 1701 N. Main St. and 1250 S. Hover St.
- First Lutheran Church, 803 Third Ave.
- First National Bank of Colorado, 915 S. Hover St. and 2305 N. Main St.
- Lifebridge Church, 10345 Ute Highway
- Longmont Civic Center, 350 Kimbark St.
- Longmont High School, 1040 Sunset St.
- Longs Peak United Methodist Church, 1421 Elmhurst Drive.
- Rawlins National Bank, 2001 N. Main St.
- St. Stephens Episcopal Church, 1303 S. Bross Lane
- Silver Creek High School, 4901 Nelson Road
- Skyline High School, 600 E. Mountain View Ave.
- Ed & Ruth Lehman YMCA, 950 Lashley St.